- Sauté garlic, half of the tinapa flakes and stir in the dissolved Mama Sita’s Palabok Mix. Bring to a boil while stirring occasionally.
- Lower the heat and simmer until sauce thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Bring 2 liters of water and 2 tbsp cooking oil to a rolling boil and drop the noodles. Leave for 1 minute or until noodles are cooked.
- Drain and rinse with cold water. Mix in 1 tbsp of cooking oil to prevent noodles from sticking.
- Arrange the noodles on a platter lined with banana leaves. Pour the sauce over and garnish with boiled egg, toasted garlic, chopped spring onions, chicken flakes, crushed kropek, remaining tinapa flakes, and calamansi halves.
- Serve with patis.
Mama Sita's Palabox Mix, dissolved in 3 cups (750 ml) of water (or stock)
Tinapa, flaked & deboned
Rice noodles (bihon)
Egg, hard-boiled & sliced
Spring onions, chopped
Kropek (prawn crackers), crushed
Chicken, boiled and flaked
Calamansi, sliced crosswise