- In a medium-sized bowl, combine dissolved Mama Sita’s Sisig Mix on the whole chicken. Massage
well into the skin and meat. Using a roasting fork or dinner fork, prick the meat inside the chicken
cavity. Transfer to a plastic or freezer bag. Seal and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Remove from plastic bag and place in a roasting tray with rack.
- USING AN OVEN: Preheat oven to 350ºF. Place the marinated chicken on a roasting pan and bake for 1 hour and 42 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165ºF (74ºC).
USING A TURBO BROILER : Place the chicken in a pan and cook in a turbo broiler set to 250ºF (120ºC) for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C).
- In a small pan, saute onions for 1 minute. Add the drippings from the roasting pan and heat the sauce.
- Transfer the roasted chicken onto a serving platter and pour the sauce over the dish. Garnish with sliced green chilies. Serve hot.
Mama Sita’s Sisig Mix, dissolved in:
Chicken, whole, dressed
For the Sauce
Red onions, chopped
Drippings (from roasting pan of chicken)
Green chilies, sliced, for garnish