- With a knife or the tines of a fork, prick eggplant. Brush each eggplant with oil.
- Place the eggplant directly on the gas stovetop over high flame and roast, occasionally rotating with tongs, until slightly softened and skin is evenly charred.
- Let cool to touch and peel skin, leaving the stem intact.
- In a serving platter, layer tomatoes, grilled eggplant, and boiled eggs.
- When ready to serve, drizzle the vinegar dressing and gently toss to combine. Garnish with green onions and lato (seaweeds).
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, combine vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, shallots, salt, and pepper to taste.
Small eggplants, washed
Tomatoes, seeded and diced
Hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into small cubes
Spring onions, chopped
Lato (seaweeds), washed and cut into small pieces
For the dressing:
Mama Sita's Distilled Cane Vinegar
Shallot or red onion, peeled and minced
Salt and pepper to taste