- Flatten chicken meat and season with salt and pepper
- Arrange carrot, cheese slices and raisins in the center.
- Roll up the chicken meat tightly, fasten with toothpicks and pan fry.
- When the chicken turns brown, remove from heat and set aside. (Once the chicken has cooled, remove the toothpicks and discard).
- In the same pan, sauté onions until soft, add the Mama Sita’s Menudo Sauce, Mama Sita’s Tomato Sauce, chicken and water.
- Cover and simmer for another 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through. Remove from heat and serve.
- Serve with bread or steamed rice.
Mama Sita’s Menudo Sauce
Mama Sita’s Tomato Sauce
Chicken, thigh, boneless
Carrots, cut into six 1 ½ x ½ inch strips
Cheese, cut into six 1 ½ x ½ inch strips
Salt & Pepper