- Rinse the squid and drain. Cut into rings about 1/4-inch thick.
- Squeeze calamansi over the squid.
- Combine Mama Sita’s Palabok Mix and cornstarch.
- Roll the squid rings lightly in the palabok-cornstarch mixture.
- Deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain.
- Dissolve Mama Sita’s Sweet and Sour Sauce Mix in water. Boil and simmer, stirring constantly for two minutes.
- Serve the squid rings with Mama Sita’s Sweet and Sour Sauce and/or Mama Sita’s Labuyo Hot Pepper Sauce.
Mama Sita’s Palabok Mix
Squid, cleaned (head & stomach removed)
Calamansi (or half a lemon)