- Combine Mama Sita’s Oyster Sauce, calamansi juice, salt and pepper. Marinate the fish skin in this mixture for 30 minutes. Set aside the marinade.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, boil water. Add the fish meat and cook just until it turns white. Drain and pick out the bones.
- In a wok, heat oil and sauté the onions. Add the carrots, potatoes and green peas. Stir-fry until done.
- When the vegetables are tender, mix in the fish meat, marinade, Mama Sita’s Liquid Seasoning and raisins.
- Remove from heat and add the beaten eggs.
- Stuff this mixture into the fish skin until it reaches the neck. Dredge in flour.
- Deep fry with its head intact until the fish is golden brown.
Deboning the fish: Clean and scale the fish. Place the fish on a flat surface. Pound the body with the back of the knife or a mallet. Press your left hand firmly against the fish and with your right hand, jerk the tail upward. The idea is to break the middle bone of the fish. With a spoon, scrape out all the flesh and set it aside. Discard the middle bone.
Mama Sita’s Garlic Oyster Sauce
Mama Sita’s Liquid Seasoning
500 g each (approx)
Bangus (milkfish), whole
Calamansi (or lemon) juice
Black pepper, ground
Frozen green peas
Oil , for frying