- Fry saba bananas in cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, marinate pata in Mama Sita’s Barbecue Marinade and calamansi juice for two hours, turning occasionally.
- Add water, oregano leaves, bay leaves, garlic and star anise.
- Boil and simmer until tender.
- Add brown sugar, dissolved cornstarch and Mama Sita’s Oyster Sauce. Stir and simmer until sauce thickens.
- Garnish with fried saba bananas and hard cooked eggs. Serve hot.
Mama Sita’s Barbecue Marinade
Mama Sita’s Oyster Sauce
Pata ng Baboy (pork leg), hind part
Calamansi (or lemon juice)
Laurel (bay leaf)
Cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 cup (60 ml) water
Saba, sliced diagonally about ¼ inch thick
Egg, hard cooked, shelled and halved