- Lard the beef by cutting through with a thin knife and inserting fat strips. (Beef spareribs may also be used.)
- Marinate beef in dissolved Mama Sita’s Adobo (Savory Sauce) Mix for at least 4 hours.
- In a pan, heat ¼ cup oil and pan-fry the beef until brown. Add 4 cups water. Let boil and simmer until it becomes tender.
- In a pan, heat ¼ cup oil and sauté shallots.
- Add the patis, Mama Sita’s Achuete (Annatto) Powder, the remaining marinade and salt to the beef. Cover and simmer. Reduce heat. Stir once in a while.
- Add potatoes when meat is tender. Slice meat crosswise. Arrange on a platter and pour sauce over the meat.
Beef kabilugan or Punta y pecho (whole beef round or beef brisket or spare ribs)
Pork fat, cut into strips (optional, use only if you will be using kabilugan)
Mama Sita's Adobo Mix, dissolved in 1 cup (250 ml) water
Shallots, chopped finely (or any kind of onion)
Mama Sita's Achuete
Potatoes, cubed and fried