- Boil oxtail in water and simmer until meat is tender leaving about 1 ½ cups (375 ml) stock. Set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion in oil. Add boiled oxtail and Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare Mix. Add the remaining stock. Stir and simmer for two minutes.
- Add eggplant and string beans. Simmer for three minutes. Stir once in a while to prevent the sauce from sticking to the pan.
- Add bok choy and simmer for two minutes or until the vegetables are done.
- Serve with bagoong alamang (sautéed shrimp paste)
1 pouch, dissolved in 1 cup (250 ml) water or stock
Mama Sita’s Kare-Kare Mix
Eggplant, cut diagonally about 1/4 inch thick
Sitaw (long green beans), cut into 2 inch lengths
Bagoong Alamang (sautéed shrimp paste)