- Cut ampalaya into two, lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Slice thinly crosswise.
- Rub ampalaya slices with salt.
- Leave for 20 minutes. Squeeze out ampalaya juice. Remove excess salt with water. Squeeze out water.
- Cut shallots and tomatoes into thin, round slices. Chill the vegetables slices. Arrange in a platter and serve with dressing.
- In a small saucepan, mix Mama Sita’s Coconut Nectar Vinegar and water and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- Lower the heat. Add sugar and black pepper.
- Stir continuously for two to three minutes. Let cool and serve with salad
Mama Sita’s Coconut Nectar Vinegar
Ampalaya (bittermelon), thinly sliced
Tomatoes, cut into round thin slices